Sony XPERIA Z1 Compact D5503 is smaller variant of XPERIA Z1. This phone has very nice HD Triluminos display, powerfull quadcore CPU from Qualcomm, 2 GB RAM or 20,7 megapixel camera. Below you can find the latest firmware for the phone and also three tutorials/manuals – how to unlock the bootloader, how to relock the bootloader and how to backup the original firmware customization.
PRE-REQUISITES FOR INSTALLING ROM:
- Xperia Device :-p
- USB Cable
- Firmware tft file (D5503_14.6.A.0.368_RU.ftf )
- FlashTool (Sony Mobile Flasher by AndroXyde)
- USB Driver (included in FlashTool) or use PC Companion
PROCESS TO FLASH STOCK ROM FOR SONY XPERIA Z1 COMPACT D5503:
- Download and Install FlashTool.On opening it, it may ask you to move files stored inF:\Flashtool\firmwares to F:\Users\PC NAME\.flashTool\firmware (Do move the ftf stored if asked to do so).Wait then till it syncs the devices list (if it don’t syncs because you are not connected to internet, then leave it. It is not mandatory to do sync).
- Download Firmware Ftf file. (link is given above)
- Put your above download firmware ftf in “F:\Users\PC NAME\.flashTool\firmware”folderAdditional Step :- Install Drivers Install Drivers from the folder named “Flashtool Drivers”in the location where Flashtool is installed OR just install PC Companion on your PC and connect your device with it and then remove it.
- Now Open Flashtool. See the “Black Lightning Thunder icon” at the top left corner. Click on it.
- Now choose flashmode from BootMode Chooser.
- You will now automatically see your download firmware ftf file in the “firmware” section (left hand side) of Flashtool window. Select your firmware.
- See the right hand side of window under the “Wipe” tag, all three options are checked if,WILL DELETE ALL USER DATA.
- If you don’t want to delete all user user data and don’t want a factory reset then you shoulduncheck them.
Wiping full data is recommended, though (if you have backup).
- Click on “Flash” button.
- After clicking on “Flash” Button in above step, now FlashTool will prepare firmware ftf selected for flashing.
- Important: Now enable USB Debugging on your phone and enable unknown sources option in your Xperia device and switch it off. (if device in not dead/bricked)When prompted the notification of connecting your phone, connect it in flashmode (as chosen above)Press Volume down button and then insert usb in phone, you will see red and green light blink once, it means phone is connected in flashmode now.
As soon as phone is detected by Flashtool, flashing beings and wait till it is finished.
WARNING: Do not cancel the process in between once flashing has started or it will result in boot loop or device not booting up at all.
Disconnect phone as soon as flashing is finished.
- Now reboot your phone. First reboot after the update will take some time.
- Now have Stock firmware installed on your Sony XPERIA Z1 COMPACT D5503.
Note: Try the above mentioned steps carefully, let us know if you are stuck anywhere.
Stay tuned for more updates!
Like this post? Use the buttons below to share this article with your friends on Facebook and Google Plus.