The Google Nexus 7, manufactured by Asus, is an Android slate with 7-inch 1280×800 screen and a 1.3GHz NVIDIA Tegra 3 quad-core processor. The tablet runs Android 4.1 Jellybean.
PRE-REQUISITES FOR INSTALLING ROM:
- USB DRIVERS
- MINIMAL ADB AND FASTBOOT
- STOCK ROMs
⇒FOR MODEL 2012:
Android Version Download 4.2.2 (JDQ39) Download 4.3 (JWR66Y) Download 4.4 (KRT16S) Download 4.4.2 (KOT49H) Download 4.4.3 (KTU84L) Download 4.4.4 (KTU84P) Download 5.0.2 (LRX22G) Download 5.1.0 (LMY47D) Download 5.1.1 (LMY47V) Download
⇒FOR MODEL 2013:
Android Version Download 4.3 (JLS36C) Download 4.3.1 (JLS36I) Download 4.4 (KRT16S) Download 4.4.2 (KOT49H) Download 4.4.2_r2 (KVT49L) Download 4.4.3 (KTU84L) Download 4.4.4 (KTU84P) Download 5.0.2 (LRX22G) Download 5.1.0 (LMY47O) Download 5.1.1 (LMY47V) Download 5.1.1 (LMY48P) Download 5.1.1 (LMY48U) Download 6.0.0 (MRA58K) Download
PROCESS TO INSTALL STOCK ROM ON GOOGLE NEXUS 7:
- Download and install Google Nexus USB drivers on your computer.
- Download and install Minimal ADB and fastboot tool on your computer.
- Download the Google Nexus Stock ROM for your device.
- After Downloading the firmware, you need to extract it on your computer. After extracting you will be able to see the following files:
- Now, enable USB Debugging on your Nexus Device. To enable USB Debugging: OpenSettings> Developers Option > USB Debugging > Tick to enable.
Note:(Developers Option is hidden for Android 4.2.2 or above, to show this option Go toSettings >About Phone > Built Number (Tap on it for 5-8 times).
- Now, Power off your Google Nexus Device.
- Now, you need to boot your device into the ADB mode. For that press and hold Volume Up+Volume Down + Power for 7-10 seconds until adb mode is enabled.
- Now, connect your Nexus Device to the computer using the data cable.
- Now, you need to unlock the bootloader (it can be locked later). To unlock the bootloader, Open py_cmd.exe from the Minimal ADB and fastboot folder (C:\Program Files\Minimal ADB and Fastboot).
- Once, Command Window is launched, Give the following command: fastboot oem unlock.
- Now, you will be able to see warning message on your device screen, Using your Volume UP button Select Yes to Continue.
- Now, as your device bootloader is unlocked you can flash the firmware. To flash the firmware, Go to the extracted files and open flash-all.bat
- Now, flashing process will begin, and it will hardly take 5-10 minutes to complete.
- To lock the bootloader again, Open py_cmd.exe from the Minimal ADB and fastboot folder (C:\Program Files\Minimal ADB and Fastboot). And give the following command: fastboot oem lock
SO, you have successfully installed stock rom in your Google Nexus 7 (Mobile).
Stay tuned for more updates!
Like this post? Use the buttons below to share this article with your friends on Facebook and Google Plus.