In this guide I will show you how to restore your Nexus device’s original factory firmware. You will find these files useful if you have used the Android Open-Source Project, flashed custom builds on your device, and wish to return that device to its factory state.
BEFORE YOU BEGIN
- Download USB Driver.
- Download ADB Minimal and Fastboot.
- Download Nexus 6P Stock System Image.
- USB cable.
- Make a backup of your data, if device is not bricked.
HOW TO FLASH GOOGLE NEXUS 6P STOCK ROM
- Download and install USB driver.
- Download and extract minimal ADB and fastboot.
- After extraction, launch “minimal_adb_fastboot_v1.3.1.exe”
- Now install minimal adb in C drive, not in C:/Program Files, you will probably get “C:\Minimal ADB and Fastboot”
- Download the stock system image for your device, then copy this image file to “C:\Minimal ADB and Fastboot”.
- Once the minimal ADB and fastboot is successfully installed, launch it – Go to “C:\Minimal ADB and Fastboot” and launch “MAF32”.
- Start the device in fastboot mode with this methods:
Press and hold Volume Down, then press and hold Power
- Connect your device to your computer over USB.
- Now in the cmd screen, execute the following command:
this will show you is device is connect with PC successfully.
- Unlock the device’s bootloader by running:
fastboot flashing unlock
or, for older devices, execute:
fastboot oem unlock
The target device will show you a confirmation screen. Use Volume Keys to Scroll and Power Key to Confirm. (This erases all data on the target device.)
- Execute the command:
This script installs the necessary bootloader, baseband firmware(s), and operating system. If error occurs, it means image file is not present in ADB and fastboot folder.
Once the script finishes, your device reboots. You should now lock the bootloader for security: (However these steps are not very important at all.)
- Start the device in fastboot mode again, as described above.
fastboot flashing lock
or, for older devices, running:
fastboot oem lock
Locking bootloader will wipe the data on some devices. After locking the bootloader, if you want to flash the device again, you must run
fastboot oem unlock command again, which will wipe the data.
FLASH A CUSTOM ROM (OPTIONAL).
Thanks! Stay tuned for more updates. Like this post? Use buttons below to share it.