Hello modifiers, in this How-to tutorial I will show you how to flash iPod Touch 2G official firmware. If you have a dead iPad then your’e in the right place. So, lets get started to restore your bricked iPhone.
BEFORE YOU BEGIN
HOW TO FLASH iPOD TOUCH 2G OFFICIAL FIRMWARE iOS 4.2.1
- Turn OFF your iPhone or iOS device and connect it to the PC or MAC.
- Open iTunes.
- Press and hold the power button for 3 seconds.
- Hold the Home button without releasing the Power button for 10 seconds.
- Release the Power Button but keep holding the Home button.
- Keep holding the Home button until you are alerted by iTunes saying that it has detected a device in Recovery Mode.
- After successful detection of your iOS device, On a Mac, hold down the “Option” key and then click on “Update” On a Windows PC, hold down “SHIFT” key and then click on “Update”.
- Select the IPSW file you downloaded and click “Choose”
- Let the iOS device update as usual.
That’t it. Run through the simple setup, and you’ll be presented with your device that is freshly updated to iOS 4.2.1. Enjoy! You have successfully flash iPod Touch 2G official firmware.
Going the IPSW route can take longer to update than using the newer OTA (over the air) method, the reason being that OTA uses smaller delta updates than the larger IPSW files, which are the full sized downloads and are often literally 10x the download size.
Make sure the device screen is blank and no logos are present. Same operation you can use for all other models of iPhone.
Thanks! Stay tuned for more updates. Like this post? Use buttons below to share it.