Hello modifiers, in this How-to tutorial I will show you how to flash Apple TV 2G firmware. Apple TV has a built-in update function that downloads and installs new software, accessible via the device’s Settings menu. But if you’d rather not update over-the-air, you can always do it via USB through iTunes, and restore your device from there, too, if you’re having problems. So, let’s get started.
BEFORE YOU BEGIN
HOW TO FLASH APPLE TV 2G FIRMWARE iOS 7.1.2
- First unplug your Apple TV. Unplug both the HDMI capable attaching it to your home theatre setup, and the power cord. If you’re using an optical audio cable to connect to an A/V receiver, disconnect that, too.
- Now plug your Apple TV into your Mac/PC, using a Micro USB cable.
- Open iTunes if it isn’t open already. The Apple TV should appear in your source menu.
Now that you’ve got your Apple TV connected to your Mac/PC, there are two options depending on what you’re trying to do.
Update Your Apple TV
- Option+Click the “Restore” button on the Apple TV screen in iTunes. A dialog box will open asking you to specify the location of the Apple TV software file you already downloaded. Once you select the file, click “Choose” to continue.
Restore Your Apple TV
- Simply click the “Restore” button in iTunes on the Apple TV screen.
- iTunes will ask you to confirm, so click “Restore and Update” to continue.
Thanks! Stay tuned for more updates. Like this post? Use buttons below to share it.