If you think that the stock ROM on your Samsung Galaxy S3 is faulty, Bricked Android, or you want to flash back to a previous version,then you can flash stock ROM via ODIN on Samsung Galaxy S3.
1. Back up all the important data of your phone such as messages, contacts, etc. (if any)
2. Make sure that your Device is charged fully or above 60%.
3. The latest Samsung USB drivers. These are universal work for almost all samsung devices.
- Install these drivers by downloading and installing USB DRIVERS.
4. Download ODIN and then install it on your PC. (Choose your desired version: mine 3.09).
5. You can download STOCK ROM from here.
6. Download winrar and install.
7. Put your S3 in Download Mode.
- Turn OFF your device.
- Simultaneously press Volume Down + Home Key + Power Key.
8. Extract Rom/Firmware and choose files.
- Click “PDA” and go to the folder with your file. Find and click on the file that ends in “tar.md5”.
- Click “Start” to begin flashing. Odin will display the current progress during the flashing.
9. Follow steps as shown in figure.
10. After Completion the the firt box becomes green and let the Device boot itself.
TERM IN ODIN YOU SHOULD KNOW.
- Re-Partition: Re-partitions the layout
- Auto Reboot and F. Reset Time: Reboots the phone after the flashing process is complete and resets the phone’s internal flash counter. These two always should be checked.
- PIT: This is a file that describes the layout of the partitions on your phone. Some firmwares already have this file included.
- PDA: The phone’s complete OS.
- PHONE: The phone’s radio and baseband (responsible for connecting you to your carrier).
- CSC: Determines specific country information and settings for your phone.