ModifyAndroid will show you how to unlock OnePlus 2 bootloader. Oneplus 2 is officially launched and most of the android phone users already bought the device and want to unlock the bootloader on their phone. Without unlocking the bootloader of the Oneplus 2, you can’t root your phone, install TWRP recovery or not even install the Custom ROMs. The process is very simple and takes a few minutes to complete the task.
The best part of this tutorial is that this will not void your warranty, as said by ONEPLUS 2 itself. Check this.
BEFORE YOU BEGIN
- Make backup of your device. Copy all SDcard and internal data onto PC.
- USB Cable
- USB Drivers – Click this to install USB drivers.
- Enable USB debugging mode on your phone.
Go to Settings > About Phone > Build number > Tap it 7 times to become developer option visible in settings. Now again go to Settings > Developer Options >Enable USB Debugging. Accept warning by tapping on OK button.
- Also in the Developer options, find the OEM Unlocking option and enable it.
HOW TO UNLOCK ONEPLUS 2 BOOTLOADER
- Download and install USB drivers – link is provided above for installation process.
- Boot into fastboot.
Switch off your OnePlus 2 and wait for 3-4 seconds after screen goes off. Press the Volume Up Button + Power button together until you see anything on the screen. Now your phone is in the fastboot mode.
- Connect your phone to PC via USB cable.
- Now open the ADB folder that you created in “USB driver installation process” and open the Command prompt there (shift + right click anywhere within that folder, and select open command prompt here).
- Check your fastboot connection by writing following commands.
- One success, execute this command to unlock bootloader.
fastboot oem unlock
- A message popup on your device, select YES on your phone screen. Use power button to select.
- Once done, the device will automatically reboot.
- Go back to fastboot mode and execute following command to ensure that bootloader is unlocked.
fastboot oem device-info
- Now reboot your device by executing following command.
- Now disconnect your device.
Now you’re ONEPLUS 2 Bootloader is unlocked.
ROOT AND INSTALL CUSTOM RECOVERY ONEPLUS 2 (OPTIONAL)
Thanks! Stay tuned for more updates. Like this post? Use buttons below to share it.