These are the instructions to unlock the bootloader of Google Nexus 6P using the adb and fastboot tools on Windows Computer. If you want to flash stock rom, custom rom, custom recovery or gaining root access you need to fullfil this tutorial first.
BEFORE YOU BEGIN
HOW TO UNLOCK GOOGLE NEXUS 6P BOOTLOADER
- Download and install USB driver.
- Download and extract minimal ADB and fastboot.
- After extraction, launch “minimal_adb_fastboot_v1.3.1.exe”
- Now install minimal adb in C drive, not in C:/Program Files, you will probably get “C:\Minimal ADB and Fastboot”
- Once the minimal ADB and fastboot is successfully installed, launch it – Go to “C:\Minimal ADB and Fastboot” and launch “MAF32”.
- Start the device in fastboot mode with this methods:
Press and hold Volume Down, then press and hold Power
- Connect your device to your computer over USB.
- Now in the cmd screen, execute the following command:
this will show you is device is connect with PC successfully.
- Unlock the device’s bootloader by running:
fastboot flashing unlock
or, for older devices, execute:
fastboot oem unlock
The target device will show you a confirmation screen. Use Volume Keys to Scroll and Power Key to Confirm (This erases all data on the target device.)
- After Confirmation, execute following command in the Minimal ADB and Fastboot CMD Window:
- Above command will reboot your device and boots in normal mode.
Thanks! Stay tuned for more updates. Like this post? Use buttons below to share it.