Back in the days when you lose the standard cellular phone, the misfortune is restricted to simply the cell. The new proprietor would likely simply uproot your SIM card and put in his or her own and nobody would be the more wiser. But with smartphones, this situation presents a large set of problems.
In standard cellphones you will lose all your precious data: music, photos, apps and contacts. Getting a new phone would mean you have to start recollecting all these items from scratch. iPhone will also have access to all your online accounts: social networking sites like Facebook and Twitter, personal emails — and if you are one of the many people who do their banking online, better change those passwords quick. In any case, identity theft has been made easier these days since your smartphone now carries your online identity.
There are 5 useful apps to track lost or stolen iPhone.
Find My iPhone app allows you to use another iOS device to locate your missing iPhone on a map, protect your private data, display a message, play a sound at full volume (for few minutes) even if your missing iPhone was set to silent, and remotely lock your device. [Free]
To Use Find My iPhone Before iPhone is Lost or Stolen
- Upgrade your iPhone to iOS 5 or above.
- Register an iCloud account (Apple ID).
- Install Find My iPhone app.
- Turn on Find My iPhone by tapping Settings > iCloud > Find My iPhone. Tap Allow to confirm this option.
Locate Missing iPhone with Find My iPhone:As long as your Find My iPhone is turned on on the lost/stolen iPhone ANDit’s connected to the Internet, you will be able to find your iPhone’s current location.
- Visit http://iCloud.com/find.
- Sign in your iCloud account using Apple ID.
- Click on the Find My iPhone button.
- Choose Locate an iPhone device if you have set up more than one iOS device.
- Your lost/stolen iPhone’s location will show on the map if your device is online.
- If your iPhone is offline, you can set an option to receive an email whenever your iPhone is connected to the Internet.
iHound helps locate and keep your iPhone safe with remote locking, remote data erasing, location tracking and siren alerts playing. It’s a free download but users are required to subscribe at least 3 months which costs $3.99. [$3.99/3 Months]
Phone Trace 4 tracks your lost or stolen iPhone’s real-time location reports and provides you with the new number of the person who is holding on to your iPhone. It also can send emails, SMS and some commands remotely. [$7.99]
Navizon marks the positions of your lost/stolen iPhone with a real-time and accurate live locating system. [Free]
1. Mobile Spy
Mobile Spy allows you to monitor your iPhone in real time by providing reports of incoming and outgoing calls, SMS, GPS locations, contact list, e-mails, website URLs, photos and videos. [$99.97/year]
And the last, Pray to God for your cell. 😀
Thanks! Stay tuned for more updates. Like this post? Use buttons below to share it.