This guide will show you how to root Samsung Galaxy J5 which will allow you to use applications like Titanium Backup, Root Explorer, Xposed framework etc.
BEFORE YOU BEGIN
- Download USB Drivers.
- USB cable. (try to use original)
- Make a backup of your data.
- The device should be charged at least 60%.
- Download Root Package
You will get Root file and ODIN:Samsung Galaxy J5 SM-J500FSamsung Galaxy J5 SM-J500F/DS
HOW TO ROOT SAMSUNG GALAXY J5
- Go to Download mode of your device by pressing Volume Down + Home Key + Power key simultaneously.
- Your device asks for confirmation, confirm it by pressing VOLUME UP Key.
- Now your device is in download mode, now connect your device to laptop/pc via usb cable.
- Now launch ODIN (administrator).
- On successful connection you will see ID:COM will turn yellow or blue as shown in image below.
- Select the root file (CF-Auto-Root.tar) in PDA/AP section as shown in the image below.
- Tick Auto Reboot and F.Reset Time (if untick) as shown in the image above.
- Click Star and Relax
- When finished, ID: COM box becomes green. Your GG Prime automatically boots in recovery mode.
- After completion, your device automatically boots up.
When you boot your device in recovery mode, custom recovery will boot up.
So you have successfully rooted your Samsung Galaxy j5.
FLASH GALAXY J5 CUSTOM RECOVERY (OPTIONAL)
Thanks! Stay tuned for more updates. Like this post? Use buttons below to share it.