In this guide we will root ONEPLUS 2 and install custom recovery and this custom recovery in TWRP recovery. With custom recovery you can easily root ONEPLUS 2 and flash custom roms as well. Once phone is rooted you can enjoy those apps which requires root access.
BEFORE YOU BEGIN
- Make backup of your data – copy device SDcard and internal data on PC.
- Install USB and ADB drivers. Click this to install USB and ADB drivers.
- Unlock Bootloader. Click this and unlock bootloader of your device.
- Download TWRP recovery.img.
- Now rename the TWRP recovery.img to recovery.img and paste it into ADB folder created in Step 2 (C:adb).
- Download SuperSU root package and transfer this to SDcard
- Enable USB debugging.
Go to Settings > About Phone > Build number > Tap it 7 times to become developer option visible in settings. Now again go to Settings > Developer Options >Enable USB Debugging. Accept warning by tapping on OK button.
HOW TO INSTALL TWRP RECOVERY ON ONEPLUS 2
- Connect your phone to PC with USB cable.
- Now open the ADB folder and launch command prompt window in this folder, to do so hold Shift button on keyboard and right-click on the empty space of folder and click Open Command Prompt Here.
- Now execute the following command in cmd window.
fastboot flash recovery recovery.img
- When the process is completed your phone directly boot into TWRP recovery.
- Now scroll down for rooting process.
HOW TO ROOT ONEPLUS 2
- Now your ONEPLUS 2 is already in TWRP recovery mode.
- Click install button and flash the SuperSu root package file.
Now your ONEPLUS 2 is rooted and running on custom (TWRP) recovery.
Thanks! Stay tuned for more updates. Like this post? Use buttons below to share it.