Launched in September 2014, HTC Desire 510 is a 4.7-inch smartphone which falls in the HTC Desire series. The device delivers resolution of 480 X 854 pixels. Under the hood of HTC Desire 510 you will get a 1.2 ghz quad core processor and 1 GB Ram. If you are looking for a smartphone for daily use and moderate app and gaming purpose you can try HTC Desire 510 as this hardware will easily handle your daily work. You will only get one storage option in the device which is 8 GB however you get option to add external micro SD card of storage space up to 128 GB. Coming to the operating system of the Desire 510 you will get Android KitKat v4.4.2 as the operating system on this device. There is no official news from HTC about lollipop update for the device but we have a solution for this. You can root your HTC Desire 510 and then install custom roms which are based on Android Lollipop. Follow the guide shared below if you want to root HTC Desire 510.
BEFORE ROOTING PROCESS YOU MUST HAVE AN UNLOCKED BOOTLOADER DEVICE ♦
How to unlock bootloader of HTC Desire 510 (if you have unlocked bootloader skip these steps)
Follow the steps shared below to successfully unlock bootloader of HTC Desire 510.
- Just head on to Regestration Page of HTC Dev
- Provide all your original essential information in the registration form as they will be sending some details regarding unlocking bootloader specifically for you.
- After successful registration just login into your account as a user and just head on to the Bootloader Section
- Once you have opened the website, click on Unlock bootloader option.
- Select HTC Desire 510 as your device and start unlocking the bootloader process. Accept all the legal terms and begin the unlocking process.
- Now use your HTC Desire 510 to get into the download mode of your device. Press combination of Volume down + Power button to enter the download mode of your HTC Desire 510.
- Connect your Desire 510 with your PC and open command prompt by pressing shift key and right mouse click and then by selecting Open command window here.
- Once you are in command prompt enter the command shared below.
fastboot oem get_identifier_token
- You will get a token in the command prompt. Copy the token and insert it under “My device identifier token”.
- Check your e-mail and you will receive bin.
- Now enter the command shared below in the command prompt window.
fastboot flash unlocktoken Unlock_code.bin
- Now go to Yes option using the Volume button so that you can unlock the bootloader of your HTC Desire 510.
How to root HTC Desire 510
Once you have successfully unlocked bootloader of your device follow the step by step guide shared below to root your HTC Desire 510 smartphone.
- Download the TWRP recovery or CWM recovery as you want for your smartphone. Change the name of recovery file to flash.img. Also download Super SU file for your smartphone from this link.
- Once you have downloaded both the files, connect your Desire 510 and copy the Super SU file to the internal storage of your device.
- Open the folder where you have downloaded TWRP or CWM recovery. Now connect your smartphone with your computer. Press Shift key and right mouse click and select option Open command prompt here option while you are in the same folder. A command window will be opened.
- Enter the command shared below to enter in Fastboot mode of your device.
adb reboot bootloader
- Your device will enter the fastboot menu. Now flash the recovery file you downloaded in step 1. Enter the command shared below to flash recovery.
fastboot flash recovery flash.img
- It will take a couple of minutes to complete the flashing of TWRP recovery on your smartphone. Once flashing is completed reboot your device in recovery mode. Press Volume Up and Power button to open recovery menu on your smartphone.
- Once you are in recovery menu tap on Install button and locate the Super SU file which you copied in the internal storage of your device in step 2.
- Flash the Super Su file and once flashing is completed, reboot your device.
Your HTC Desire 510 is finally rooted. You can now enjoy custom roms on your device and also install special apps which need root access.