Keeping up with the tradition of providing you guys with the latest tips and tricks related to Android, I bring you the method to root the Qmobile Noir A9 phone courtesy of the genius folks at www.modifyandroid.com. So grab your A9 and let the adventure begin…procedure below.
Stuff you will need:
- Turn on “USB Debugging” on your phone by going to Settings > Developer Options > Check mark “USB Debugging” and then tap OK button. See screenshot below.
- Connect your A9 to the PC with the USB Cable and install the drivers manually by browsing to the Noir A9 ADB drivers in the rootkit folder.
- After installation of ADB drivers, turn your phone off andwhen it is turned off, reconnect the USB cable. You will notice that windows will try to install some more drivers. Navigate to the Noir A9 RootKit folder and install the “Noir A9 Preloader VCOM drivers” present in the respected folder.
- Turn your phone ON and make sure again that USB Debugging is “ON” in the settings.
- Now in the rootkit folder open “Restore with Restore By Binary” and open the “Runme.bat” file. It will open a black and green command prompt. Something like in the screenshot below.
- When you see that screen type “1” in the prompt and press Enter
- You will see some processing being done and then it will ask you to hit restore on your phone, click Restore My Data on the phone and it will reboot your phone. It should look something like this in the screenshots below.
- After the restart open your phone menu and you should see a Super User app (SuperSU). If you find it, your phone is rooted. Congrats!!!.
Installing ClockWorkMod Recovery on your A9
- Install MobileUncleTools on your phone, grant it root access
- Copy the CWM “recovery.img” From the Noir A9 Rootkit and copy it in the main of the internal memory via USB cable, remember the internal memory and not the sd card.
- Open MobileUncleTools and touch the option of Recovery Update and it will look for the “recovery.img” which you have placed in your internal memory.
- It will ask you for confirmation, press ok and after a successful installation, reboot into recovery from the MobileUncleTools option at the end.