Nexus 6 is the latest Google flagship device with top notch hardware and latest software. Although Nexus 6 comes with powerful specs which give you a lag-free experience you can always root your device to gain full access and for extra customization. In this guide, we will help you to root and install custom recovery on Nexus 6.
BEFORE YOU BEGIN
- Make backup of your data
- Unlock bootloader. Click this and unlock bootloader.
- Download TWRP Recovery.
- Download SuperSu.zip
HOW TO INSTALL CUSTOM RECOVERY ON GOOGLE NEXUS 6
- Download TWRP recovery, place it in the folder where you installed minimal ADB and fastboot (“C:\Minimal ABD and Fatboot”) and rename it to “recovery.img”
- Download SuperSu.zip file and place it in root of your SDcard.
- Start the device in fastboot mode with this methods:
Press and hold Volume Down, then press and hold Power
- Connect your device to your computer over USB.
- Now in the cmd screen, execute the following command:
this will show you is device is connect with PC successfully.
- Flash the TWRP recovery with the following command:
fastboot flash recovery recovery.img
- After successful flashing, execute following command in the Minimal ADB and Fastboot CMD Window:
fastboot boot recovery.img
- Above command will reboot your device and boots in recover mode.
HOW TO ROOT GOOGLE NEXUS 6
- Now you are in recovery mode.
- In TWRP recovery navigate to Install Zip and select ‘SuperSu.zip’.
- Swipe to install SuperSu and reboot your device. That’s it, you root and install custom recovery on Nexus 6 successfully.
You have successfully install custom recovery and gain root access of your Google Nexus 6.
Flash a Custom Rom for Google Nexus 6 (Optional)
Thanks! Stay tuned for more updates. Like this post? Use buttons below to share it.