Installing custom recovery on android phones allows you to flash custom roms, custom kernels, gaining root access and other things to do.
In this guide I will show you how to install custom recovery and root HTC ONE M9.
BEFORE YOU BEGIN
- Unlock bootloader. Click this for unlocking bootloader.
- Download TWRP Recovery.
- Download SuperSU.zip.
HOW TO INSTALL CUSROM RECOVERY ON HTC ONE M9
- First of all unlock bootloader, link is given above for unlocking bootloader.
- Download TWRP recovery.img file and save in Minimal ADB installation folder.
- Download and copy SuperSU.zip in root if your SDcard.
- Enable USB debugging on your HTC One M9. This happens from the ‘Developer options’ menu in ‘Settings’. If you don’t see it, head to the ‘About’ menu and start tapping on the ‘Build number’ entry until you get a notification saying “You are now a developer”. Now plug the One M9 into your computer.
- Open the directory where you installed Minimal ADB. Hold ‘Shift’ on your keyboard, right-click inside an empty space in the window, and hit ‘Open Command Prompt here’. Type or paste the following commands one after another:
adb reboot bootloader
fastboot flash recovery TWRP.img
If the recovery file name is different, fill it in place of TWRP.img.
Now, TWRP Recvoery is successfully installed on your HTC ONE M9.
HOW TO ROOT HTC ONE M9
- Power off the smartphone, wait 10 seconds, then hold the Power and Volume Down keys. When the white bootloader appears, choose ‘Recovery’.
- Use TWRP to install the SuperSU .zip file. Just tap Install, choose the .zip file, and the app will do the rest.
- Reboot the smartphone when you’re finished.
Use a root checker app, such as the free Root Checker from Google Play, to check whether HTC One M9 is successfully rooted.
Root Access: Access Granted. Congratulations!
FLASH CUSTOM ROM (OPTIONAL)
Thanks! Stay tuned for more updates. Like this post Use buttons below to share it.