If you don’t like the default Recovery in which you are restricted to flash custom roms and custom kernels, then here’s a good news for you. TWRP Recovery is now available for the HTC Desire S (Saga) smartphone and if you are one of the users of this phone, then follow the procedure given below to install the TWRP Recovery on your HTC Desire S smartphone.
- Make sure your phone has at least 60% of battery life left, so you can go through the process without any problems.
- Download the TWRP Recovery Image from here.
- Download the Fastboot Package from here.
HOW TO FLASH CUSTOM RECOVERY ON HTC DESIRE S
1. Place the downloaded rom files on the Desktop of your PC. (strictly saying extract on Desktop)
2. Extract files from the Fastboot package to your Desktop. (strictly saying extract on Desktop)
3. Turn OFF your smartphone using the Power key.
4. Reboot your phone into the fastboot mode by pressing and holding Volume DOWN+Power keys together.
5. Connect your phone to your PC when it is in fastboot mode.
6. Launch a Command Prompt Window on your Desktop by holding down the Shift button on your keyboard and right-click on any blank area on the screen, then select Open command window here and type in the following commands:
fastboot flash recovery twrp-220.127.116.11-saga.img
7. It will start installing the recovery on your phone. Wait for some time to finish it.
8. Once the recovery’s flashed on your device, reboot your device
9. And you’re all set!
Well done ! You have successfully installed the Touch Based ClockworkMod Recovery on your HTC Desire smartphone. Now, you can head to our HTC Desire S Custom ROMs section to find out the best custom ROM available for your beloved Desire.
Thanks! Stay tuned for more updates. Like this post? Use buttons below to share it.