As it’s not possible for the HTC Desire 310 smartphone to get an official Android 4.4.2 KitKat firmware, there is only option to experience the same by the un-official custom ROMs. The ROM which we’re going to discuss is the well known Cyanogenmod 11 ROM. Yes powered by the latest Android 4.4.2 KitKat, this ROM is entirely filled with some astonishing features and customization options which will make your mouth water. If you are having HTC Desire 310 and if you are planning to buy a new device, then I suggest you to stop there since I can help your HTC Desire 310 to power up its performance with this full featured ROM which is completely optimized and customized especially for your smartphone. This ROM has some of those extra features that you won’t find in the default version of Android 4.4.2 KitKat OS. If you’re looking for some extra power, increased battery life performance and a redesigned web browsing experience then yes this is the ROM for you.
- CM changed codebase to KVT49L.
- Added latest Adreno libs.
- Increased responsiveness by compiling with toolchain 4.8.
- Fixed issue in USB mass storage.
- Replaced Google keyboard with a slim and dark version of AOSP keyboard.
- Optimized ROM size by removing tts language files.
- Fixed issue with Live wallpapers.
- Much more improvements.
- If all this has aroused your attention and if you’re ready for flashing the latest CM 11 based on Android 4.4.2 KitKat on your HTC Desire then without any hesitation proceed to the actual guide given below.
Disclaimer: All the steps that are mentioned below are quite risky and may permanently damage your device. So we suggest you to proceed further at your own risk. Unfortunately if any damage occurs to your HTC desire, then we won’t be held liable for that.
PRE-REQUISITES FOR INSTALLING ROM:
- Better check your battery power before proceeding further. Lack of battery can interrupt the process thus increasing further problems. So ensure that you’ve charged your HTC desire at least up to 60%.
- You must backup all your important data including your contacts, SMS/MMS, call logs, memos and APN settings etc. You may use any app for that or simple copy them on your PC for more safety. All this is very much essential as everything gets wiped in the last step of procedure. You may refer some of our articles for the same.
- Make sure that a latest custom recovery is installed on your device before proceeding further. Click This to Install Custom Recovery on your HTC Desire 310.
- Download the Cyanogenmod 11 Custom ROM from the given link below:
- Click Here to Download
- Download the latest Google Apps (Android 4.4) from the link given below:
- Click here to Download
PROCESS TO INSTALL ANDROID 4.4.2 KITKAT ON HTC DESIRE 310:
- After downloading CM 11 ROM & GApps package files, connect your device to your PC, enable mass storage mode and transfer these files to your device external storage. Ensure that you are not placing them in the deep directories. Also remember not to extract them.
- Now disconnect your phone from PC and switch it off completely. Now boot into custom recovery mode which you’ve installed. For getting into recovery mode, press & hold Volume Down button + Power key. This will land you in bootloader/HBOOT mode. Now highlight recovery option & select it using.
- The first thing after you land into recovery mode is to make a complete nandroid backup. This is nothing but the backup of your entire current operating system. You can easily restore your saved ROM in case of installation failure.
- Now return to the main menu of recovery mode & select wipe data/factory reset & subsequently wipe cache partition for wiping all the data & caches respectively from your phone memory. Ensure that you’ve backed up everything before attempting this step.
- The actual process of installing the CM 11 ROM needs to be done now. So navigate to the main menu of recovery and select the ‘install zip from SD card’ option & on the next page select ‘choose zip from SD card’ option. This will show you all the data present on your external storage. Select the ROM package file which you’ve transferred earlier. On the next page select ‘Yes’ to confirm the installation. This will start the actual flashing process.
- Wait a few minutes to finish it. After it is successfully completed, you’ll again land into recovery mode. Again navigate to the ‘wipe data/factory reset’ option followed by ‘wipe cache partition’ option to wipe data and cache respectively. This step is necessary to solve the boot loops issue.
- Follow the same procedure for flashing Google Apps. But don’t attempt the last step of wiping data after installing them.
- After flashing both the files, you can restart your device by selecting ‘reboot system now’ from the recovery mode. This first boot will take more time to start than usual.
Note: If you want to restore back your previous Rom & don’t want this CM 11 ROM anymore, then you can easily do that by going back to recovery mode and selecting ‘Backup and Restore’ option and then on next screen ‘Restore’ option. This will show you all the backups you did before. Just select the one you want to restore.
Finally! The Cyanogenmod 11 custom ROM based on the latest Android 4.4.2 KitKat has been successfully flashed on your HTC Desire. You can verify the same from Home screen-> Settings-> About device. Don’t forget to tell your experience after using it. We have made this article as simple as possible to understand but still if you face any difficulty while going through the process then feel free to ask us through the comments section below. We’ll help you out.