Update your HTC Desire (GSM) to latest and customized Android 4.4.2 KitKat with the help of custom firmware Evervolv. HTC Desire launched in the year of 2010 with Android OS, v2.1 (Eclair) which is upgradable to v2.2 (Froyo). We earlier share a way to upgrade your device to Android 2.3.7 Gingerbread by flashing custom ROM CM7. And now we are here to help you upgrade your device to latest Android 4.4.2 KitKat. Evervolv is based on latest Android 4.4.2 KitKat and build using CM11 source. Evervolv ROM not comes with much customization, hence much faster. There is also a theme manager to enhance the look of your user interface. You can download and install custom firmware Evervolv on your HTC Desire. Since, HTC Desire is capable enough to run Android 4.4.2 KitKat smoothly, Evervolv going to be a great experience for you. To learn how to flash this ROM, continue reading this guide to know how to install Android 4.4.2 KitKat based Evervolv custom ROM on HTC Desire.
- Extended PowerMenu
- Battery %,
- Volume button music control.
- Trackball Wake
- Theme manager
- sixbar signal strength
- lockscreen dialpad, and a few lockscreen mods
- However our biggest feature is the ability to turn all that off with one switch in the toolbox, giving you 100% aosp look and feel.
- We also do eng builds (instead of userdebug like everyone else) providing more open experience (ie adb root by default) and full complement of commandline tools (busybox, vim, ssh, curl/wet with ssl support!)
- Our newest addition is a custom updater written from scratch by Preludedrew and myself, featuring automatic update checks, support for downloading gapps, and advanced automatic install (TWRP and CWM supported but TWRP preferred)
Pre Requisites for Installing Rom:
1. Backup your device data.
2. Make sure your device have at least 60% battery power.
3. You already have USB Driver Installed for HTC Desire in your PC.
4. Make sure USB Debugging is enabled otherwise you won’t able to transfer file between PC and HTC Desire.
5. Your device have custom recovery installed.
6. An hboot with at least 250mb on system.
7. A 512mb – 1.5gb EXT partition (EXT4 recommended) on your sdcard. Use this guide to create the partition. Partitions made using other tools (CWM, Minitool Partition Wizard, etc.) will likely cause issues.
If you done everything that we mentioned above then you are ready to follow step-by-step guide on how to install Android 4.4.2 KitKat based Evervolv ROM on HTC Desire.
- Evervolv For HTC Desire 310 (Filename: ev_bravo-nightly-2014.02.22-squished.zip)
- Google Apps (Filename: 4.4.2-BanksCoreGApps.zip] or any other mini 4.4 KitKat Gapps)
PROCESS TO INSTALL ANDROID 4.4.2 KITKAT FOR HTC DESIRE 310 via EverVolv:
- Connect your device to PC using USB cable and then copy downloaded files to the SD card of your device. Important: Don’t extract any files.
- Disconnect USB and then turn off your HTC Desire 310.
- Boot into recovery mode. To do so, press and hold Volume Down and Power button together to boot into HBOOT menu, from there select Recovery [use volume buttons to scroll and Power button to select].
- Create a Backup using Backup Option in recovery mode.
- Perform a Factory Reset (this will delete all apps and their settings and game progress). To do this, Tap on Wipe, then at the bottom of the screen do a Swipe on the ‘Swipe to factory reset‘ option.
- Navigate and click on Install from zip/sdcard, then browse to the location where you saved the files and tap on the Evervolv Zip file.
- Now Click yes. Always use volume buttons for navigation and power button for OK.
- When installation is completed, go back to the main recovery menu and add 4.4.2-BanksCoreGApps.zip and Install it.
- Reboot your HTC Desire and boot up into Android 4.4.2 KitKat ROM Evervolv.
- That’s it.
So, this was tutorial on How to Install Android 4.4.2 Kitkat for HTC Desire 310 via Evervlov.
Stay tuned for more updates!
Like this post? Use the buttons below to share this article with your friends on Facebook and Google Plus.